The purpose of the Space API is to define a unified specification across the hackerspaces, makerspaces, fablabs, chaostreffs and the like across the world that can be used to expose information to web apps or any other application.
For more information about the Space API specification itself, please refer to http://spaceapi.net/ for now.
The reason for the fork was that the original project at spaceapi.net wasn't being maintained anymore. Pull requests were waiting for multiple months or years and sometimes the API was down or the directory response was incomplete or broken.
This fork aims to revive the development activity around the Space API. But we're always ready to discuss joining our forces back with the original project!
- Host the directory on a reliable server
- Add API documentation
- Port JSON schema files to new format (IETF draft 4)
- Create updated apps page that showcases existing projects
- Write a simple schema validator (work in progress)
- Add a "getting started" guide to the website (planning)
- Rewrite the directory server (planning)